Head of AI - US Site Manager
About The Position
We are looking for a capable and experienced Sr. Deep Learning Engineer to join our R&D team in San Jose and Lead the team of Deep Learning Engineers.
The Site Manager, will also be an active part of the team and will work on devising, developing, and integrating novel deep vision-based algorithms at the heart of our autonomous driving system.
This is an opportunity to work on cutting-edge deep vision methods, develop and innovate new ideas, and see them deployed on the road in our autonomous vehicles.
Position reporting to VP R&D.
- Direct manager of SJ site employees including AI Engineers, Software Engineers, Safety Drivers, & test engineers.
- Manage Software & AI projects allocated to the R&D San Jose site, work closely with technical group leaders in HQ.
- Lead, design, train, and optimize novel computer vision algorithms.
- Plan, guide, and lead medium to long-term projects involving multiple engineers.
- In charge of projects through from research to deployment.
- Devise and implement performance metrics.
- Supervise complex data pipelines, from the collection stage, through annotation, to models training.
- Accountable of SJ Demos – in charge of running AV demos for potential clients, work with software implementation TL (make sure right software version is installed in the car / prepare the right use cases / coordinate demos, etc.)
- Work together with HR to manage local recruitment processes (engage local recruits, interview, work with HR at HQ)
- M.Sc. or equivalent work track experience in CS, EE, Physics, or other quantitative field from a leading university. Ph.D. - Advantage
- A proven track record of at least 3 years hands-on experience in developing deep learning algorithms.
- Experience / knowledge in computer vision and image manipulation algorithms.
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of deep learning fundamentals.
- Strong mathematical aptitude, with emphasis on probability, vector algebra, and geometry.
- Proficiency in Python programming.
- Experience in conducting long-term development and/or research projects, in either academia or industry.
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken.
Skills that are considered an advantage:
- Experience leading team projects.
- Proficiency in C++.
- Experience with Linux.
- Source control with git.